Scholarships for Indigenous Students
Husky helps Indigenous students living in communities near its operations pursue post-secondary education. The Company also provides opportunities for work experience and professional development through the Indigenous Mentorship Program.
Scholarship preference is given to students:
- With demonstrated financial need
- With work experience and community involvement
- Studying Business, Engineering, Geosciences, Environmental Studies, Computer Sciences, Law, or skilled trades, including power engineering and instrumentation technician courses
Husky awards scholarships to up to five new recipients each year:
- Maximum of four years of funding for University programs. Three scholarships of $5,000 awarded per school year.
- Maximum of two years of funding for College or Technical Institute programs. Two scholarships of $3,500 awarded per school year.
How to Apply
Apply directly online.
For any assistance, contact Universities Canada at .
Deadline for application: Last business day before June 1st.
The scholarships are awarded in August and the recipient will receive funding each year until the program of study is completed. Students must maintain their academic standing throughout the program and each year will be required to provide an official transcript of their marks and proof of full-time registration.
For information about summer positions or co-op terms, please visit: jobs.huskyenergy.com/students.