Frequently Asked Questions about Insurance Claims

Insurance FAQs

1. How do I make a claim?

A Residents’ Line (1-855-527-5002) is available between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. to assist with reimbursement for expenses related to the incident, such as accommodation, food, transportation or an injury. The Residentsí Line is also where you can access services, such as counselling.

2. What type of expenses are eligible?

Expenses directly related to the incident on April 26, 2018, including hotel or alternative accommodation, food, mileage, property damage to a home or automobile, inconvenience due to lost wages, or expenses from seeking medical attention are eligible. If you have other concerns, please call the Residentsí Line to discuss your specific situation and needs.

3. What information do I need to make a claim?

Documentation for out-of-pocket expenses incurred as a direct result of the incident, such as receipts, is required. If you do not have receipts, please call the Residentsí Line to discuss your situation.

4. How long will it take to process a claim?

Initial information is taken over the phone and a representative will contact you within 24 hours to obtain the specifics around the claim and explain the next steps to finalize it. Finalizing a claim and payment can often be made immediately. Please call the Residentsí Line to discuss your situation.

5. Do I need to sign a release?

Generally, no. A liability waiver is required only for an injury claim, and only once a satisfactory settlement is reached.

The standard release Husky is using can be found here.

If you were injured in the April 26 incident and have concerns about signing a release, you should consult a lawyer for independent legal advice.


Husky Superior Refinery