Purpose and Progress
The Community Investment Program strengthens relationships with the communities where it operates. Investments focus on health, education and community initiatives.
Husky’s employees in these communities are actively involved with local organizations and groups, helping to improve the quality of life for their neighbours.
Health and Wellness
- A donation to the Canadian Cancer Society, Newfoundland and Labrador to expand an education and prevention program in the province.
- A contribution to the Cold Lake Hospital in Cold Lake, Alberta to purchase a cardiac monitoring machine.
- Funding for the Northern Lights Regional Health Centre in Fort McMurray, Alberta to assist with the purchase of medical equipment.
- Continued support of power engineering education with scholarships at Saskatchewan Polytechnic in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
- Continued support of power engineering education with scholarships at Lakeland College in Lloydminster, Alberta.
- A contribution to the University of Calgary’s Schulich School of Engineering to establish a research chair in project management.
- Support of the Science Enhancement Through Science Advancement program in Lima, Ohio, which encourages students to develop a lasting interest in science.
- A donation to Stella’s Circle in Newfoundland and Labrador for improved job skills training.
- A donation to the new Fort McKay Youth Centre in Alberta, where youth can create art, access computers, explore photography and use the recording studio.
- A contribution to the new Paradise Hill Community Hall, to create a gathering point for residents.
- A donation to the Canadian Red Cross to assist with response and recovery efforts after a damaging flood in Saskatchewan.