Our employees and contractors live in the communities where we operate, giving back in many ways. We support their commitment and strengthen our relationships with those communities through our Community Investment program, which includes corporate investments, in-kind donations and employees volunteering their time.
Our funding prioritizes initiatives that focus on community building, health and wellness and education and training.
- United Way of Greater Lima – through employee and corporate giving, supporting 18 community agencies in Lima, Ohio.
- Thunderchild First Nation – upgrading for students from the Thunderchild First Nation in Saskatchewan, improving their ability to enroll in power engineering programs.
- Food banks – supporting programs in communities where we operate.
- Thrive Youth Community Network – assisting low income and youth at risk in St. John‘s, Newfoundland and Labrador, including help to stay in school and finding employment, as well as meeting basic needs and providing mental health supports.
- Minnedosa Primary Care Centre – contributing to the capital campaign to fund a new care facility in Minnedosa, Manitoba that will include updated healthcare equipment.
- STARS – supporting emergency medical evacuations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
- Earth Rangers – helping students in Newfoundland and Labrador and Saskatchewan learn about biodiversity, ecology and the impacts of human activity.
- Job Safety Skills Society Alberta – offering high school students in trades and technology courses with a safety on the job curriculum.
- Victim Services – supporting the program in North Battleford, Saskatchewan, Cold Lake, Alberta and Lloydminster, Alberta and Saskatchewan through gas cards, allowing outreach workers to offer services in rural communities. We also provide stuffed toy huskies for young victims.
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic – supporting research into Lake Sturgeon in Saskatchewan, which are classified as endangered by the Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada.
- Science Enhancement for Science Advancement (SESA) – introducing scientific methods and experiments to elementary and middle school students with the goal of encouraging careers in the sciences.